Scholarships & Financial Assistance
CGA-Canada Awards and Scholarships
CGA Canada recognizes academic excellence for students enrolled in the CGA program through the following awards:
- The highest academic student achievers are recognized in each level with an Award of Excellence scholarship.
- The Encon Group Inc. Public Practice Award scholarship is presented to the student receiving the highest average mark for the first time writing of AU2, FA4, & TX2.
- The Carswell Taxation Award scholarship is awarded to the student achieving the highest mark for the first time writing of TX2.
- The Porter Hetu International Award scholarship is presented to the student achieving the highest grade in AU2 and a standing of honours in PA1.
CGA Saskatchewan Awards, Scholarships and Bursaries
The Certified General Accountants Association of Saskatchewan recognizes academic excellence for students enrolled through the following awards:
- Plaques are presented to the highest academic achievers in each level.
- A scholarship is awarded to the overall highest academic achiever
Scholarships & Bursaries
The Certified General Accountants Association of Saskatchewan provides scholarships and bursaries for those students that identify themselves as having the necessary academic achievement or need.
CGA Student Scholarships
- Debbi Dillon Memorial Fund Scholarship
- Past Presidents' Fund
- Howard Janzen Management Accounting Stream Scholarship
- Tony Ducie Financial Accounting Strem Scholarship
- KGR Memorial Scholarship
- Level 2 Scholarship
- Level 3 Scholarship
Post Secondary Student Scholarships
- General Fund SIAST Students' Scholarships (two awarded annually)
- General Fund University of Regina Students' Scholarship
- General Fund University of Saskatchewan Students' Scholarship
- General Fund "Students in Need" Bursaries (four awarded annually)
CGA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc.
The CGA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc. (the Fund) was established to provide scholarships, bursaries or grants to eligible graduates of secondary or post-secondary schools or students enrolled in the CGA Program of Professional Studies. These scholarships, bursaries or grants are to assist the recipients in the entry or the continuation of studies in the Program of Professional Studies leading to the CGA professional designation.
The Fund is a registered Canadian charitable organization under the Income Tax Act. Donations to the Fund may be claimed by donors as income tax deductions to the extent provided by the Act.
Currently, there are three endowed funds (the Past Presidents’ Fund [formerly the Berwick Bursary], the Howard Janzen Fund and the Debbi Dillon Memorial Fund), and the general fund. Each of the funds has a set of criteria the recipients of the bursaries or scholarships must meet.
Student Loans & Financing
The Bank of Montreal offers students the CGA Student Line of Credit. You can find information on their services here
. For more information contact a BOM account manager at your local Bank of Montreal office or contact the Senior Manager, Industry Programs at (416) 927-4213 or (877) 629-6262.